January 29, 2007

seroxat

So it’s news again (Panorama, BBC1) this time with a focus on youngsters. I was prescribed it many moons ago. How a youngster could "get" what this stuff does to you, given the lack (as i see it) of spiritual awareness offered by life today, is beyond me. With-held for years, teenage suicides connected to this drug are beginning to emerge now. Youth matters, of course it does, but hey, The Company tried it on adults first with limited results. Unprofitable results. Relied on older, tireder folk behaving differently than exuberant youth too.

Side effects of this drug are awful, i assure you. If i'd had any energy left when i started it, i might have left the planet due to its final kicks in my already minimal desire to live. I could say more, but i guess i won’t. I mean, tonight’s programme was saying “what about our youngsters” and who could detract from that?

The after effects of this drug still touch me - though not in any way i could legally prove, even if i wished. I was blessed with advice that would be scorned legally – “stop taking that NOW!” The speaker knew me well and what i could deal with. He knew me better than me in fact, since i went on the stuff because i thought i couldn’t take any more. But he was right. I went cold turkey because i trusted him, because he truly held my life in his palm and i was ok with that.

This is NOT what i could, should or would recommend to any who read this who are beyond my personal knowledge. Which is all of you. I can’t hold your lives in the palm of my hand. Of course others might say whatever effects linger are attributable to my own reckless and sudden cessation of Seroxat. Or just to me. Ha! I know what i know inside. Doctors prescribe it in good faith, so i’m not having a go at them either.

I would also say, unless you truly, like REALLY, know “who” you are and what you can deal with (er .. the originating causes?) don’t ever go cold turkey on this kind of thing. But, in my opinion, Seroxat is evil - at any age.