Darn it, England is out of the World Cup. Don't misunderstand me. I don't care about football at all. What I care about is the mad media hype and the fact that in the distance, up on the main road, I already hear the sirens. What I care about is that later I may be calling the police myself because, yet again, men and women have had too much to drink at the pub a few doors up from me and spilled their brew out onto the street; men fighting men, their women stepping in ... and then it turns into a more-than-double whammy.
Some tyres have already squealed past my house and I wonder how long it will be 'til fist and bone start to bleed?
Last night, a couple was kind of circling each other round my house and the block. It was well after 3 a.m. and just starting to get light. She didn’t start screaming at him ‘til about the third circuit. I couldn't tell what she was yelling and he did not reply, just kept moving. There were no blows exchanged so I did not call the police, but I wanted them to stop ... and breathe ... maybe she did, though god knows where he was by this time ... because at my last curtain twitch she was standing, alone, in the lightening street. Silent.
Some tyres have already squealed past my house and I wonder how long it will be 'til fist and bone start to bleed?
Last night, a couple was kind of circling each other round my house and the block. It was well after 3 a.m. and just starting to get light. She didn’t start screaming at him ‘til about the third circuit. I couldn't tell what she was yelling and he did not reply, just kept moving. There were no blows exchanged so I did not call the police, but I wanted them to stop ... and breathe ... maybe she did, though god knows where he was by this time ... because at my last curtain twitch she was standing, alone, in the lightening street. Silent.