July 03, 2006

dream to washer

I had a weird dream about finances (mine are always on the edge of disaster) and the last image I had from it was an invoice in my hands and me shouting, "you want me to pay WHAT??" ... well, I was out of bed in a dizzy flash checking the prices on the net for replacing the latest part of my washer to fall off. When I discovered that it was not an expensive part I fumed because the quote I was given said the thingy was VERY expensive. So, I rang the unfortunate soul who has been dragged into my latest drama with electrical necessities.

In a VERY huffy voice I said:
"It's about the price I have been quoted for this part, I'm not happy about it, you said 84 pounds ..."
"I said 84?"
"Yes"
"Er ... actually, I said 34 ..."

Wind can fall out of sails so fast can't it? At least 84 m.p.h. I would say on this occasion. So I have to wonder who IS the telepathic one? The latest price was much more in line with what I had found on the net. It seems to me that I heard right with the original quote and that he KNEW I had caught him out and now wanted to make out like it was my mis-hearing. Well, ok, let it be so then.
When he arrived to do the job, the air was unusually electric (I will in time explain more about me + electrics) He said he had brought my old thingy back for me to check because it seemed I felt he was trying to rip me off ... and of course what could I do but blush with guilt ... and assume he has bugged my dreams??

Humble pie is great stuff, eh? He was quite a cute guy too and I guess I was half hoping that something might "happen" but after that ... would you ask a madwoman (who thinks you betrayed her because she saw an overpriced invoice in a dream) for a date??