I threw bread out for the birds late last night - natural recycling, right? Share and share alike?
Admittedly it had made me feel a bit “off”. I don’t normally eat white bread but I’m too lazy to be considered a healthy eater. More a picky manic grazer. And some white breads are nice.
This body survives to spite me. I wouldn’t throw curry out for the birds, though. I’d have eaten that.
This morning white bread still adorns my yard. Huge clumps of it. Cotton wool gone bad. Fluff turned to crunch. In a grumbly sort of way I applaud the pigeons. They have wise beaks. No icky stuff for them. Maybe they’re unable to throw up. Or prefer a curry. Or maybe they’re just smart.
They’re lined up now on next door’s roof. Watching me. Malevolently.
Oh happy day. Clearing up shards of white bread. Apologising profusely.
I'm so living on the wild side today!