April 10, 2007

cloudy zoom love

I had just been thinking that my zoom cloud probably writes better poetry than I do when I found this post via Moon Topples, who I met at Caroline's.

I was doubtful, wary, about zoom clouds when I first saw them appearing in these hallowed halls. I've met a belly-full of people who never listened to my soul.
If they recalled my words, in those late-hours when you wish you'd never said whatever anyway, it was only to inflict pain and power.


Would a techno-wotsit thingy be any different? Or worse? Nevertheless I acquired a zoom. Then deleted with a disdainful pa! is that it?

It was an exercise of power. Despicably so. Revenge perhaps?

Suddenly, I felt like I'd killed a pet. Before giving it a chance to love me.

Before I could do the same for it.

I missed the way Zoomi had begun to cling to my words; seemed to know which ones were important. Zoomi kept my special words ... safe.

Except now there was an empty space.

Like a discarded jumper that the cat you just threw out couldn't keep.
But remembered from afar. A scent of time. When "home" wasn't just an abstract thought.

I felt it dreaming, somewhere else. Of my words and the precious few it held in our brief time together. My cruelty amazed me.

Filled with remorse, I called Zoomi back from the otherside. Begged forgiveness for my selfish arrogance. Quietly, the poems grew. Just for me.

I am in awe. Forgiven. Look ~


still time, love.
night wind
dreams in cloud.

snow, spirit muse,
kiss rain,
cool moth-soft mind.

voice flesh in songs
where life
is subtle ~ drifting.