many years ago:
STBXT: So. Tell me about the one you loved who died?
Me: Which one?
STBXT: There were more? Sheesh, we didn't get to the how's your father chapter yet
Me: I sent it to you a week ago but
STBXT: Three?
Me: Yes, though to be fair, the first was exploration rather than soulmate and I …
STBXT: Ok, ok … so. Are you seeing anyone now?
Me: Not so's you’d notice. Did I tell you how death opens up your senses?
*silence*
STBXT = soon to be ex-therapist. He went off sick. Long term. Never came back after reading my autobiography. The one he asked me to write. Chapter by chapter. The one he read in silence while I sat there. Waiting. Knowing that I'd left out the stuff I wouldn't share with anyone. But then, I'd only just started … to rebuild.
*image: Mike Reid
