December 10, 2006

Solo Songs - my book



My son has urged me for ages to make a statement here about "Solo Songs". I am shy about promoting it. Perhaps self-criticism comes too easily to me. But I promised him. I am proud of this book. I know first-hand what happened for me to wake up, spirit-howling, but with a "voice" at last. I am proud that I still soul-grow from it all - with Muse. We breathe and bleed our glories and mistakes equally. You know what? I am even happy that I was with someone who, at the time I started to compile these poems, assumed that without him I could not make a book in the first place ... grrrr! That was an end of him, of course, as well as the beginning of "Solo Songs".

I am in love. I didn't always know that but Alan (on the otherside now) showed me. Cool how someone I never met could save my life. He pulled many from the abyss of self-destruction. Beloveds continue to do that. We are all in love. It's natural. Innately hardwired. What isn't is the mess we make of it all, personally and globally. That's to do with choice. And maybe shadows too.

Should you be interested - "Solo Songs" is on Amazon.