July 22, 2006

balance

The good news is that my dunny-brush-earth-mother squirrel friend has returned! Yayyyy! I was overjoyed. I knew her from her split left ear and the tiny white marks at the base of her ears. And because she made me climb on the bunny hutch to hand her a monkey nut which she took with familiar grace and ease. I could have fainted with joy. I thought she might have been caught by a fox (there is one who roams the moon nights here) or had to leave to give her space to new season youngsters. But I am happy. She is alive and safe and she remembers me. Talk about immense honour from small beings. I swear she has a huge soul. And a massive place in my heart.

The other news is about the clever-dumb balance. I love that ad for a certain credit card. Clever how they do that too, eh? Make with the universal laws and try to lure you further into hell? Anyway, in my efforts to light the charcoal driven BBQ I must have decided that I could all but walk on coals. A stray, somehow deported to the outer reaches of the tiny pit, was languishing alone. “I’ll just move that,” I thought, “re-unite it with its brethren” ... so I did … a week later I am still sporting a VERY sore burn on my thumb that is SURE to restore the clever-dumb balance on the planet.